viewing: home | tools | business selling prep | to whom to sell the business
To Whom to Sell Your Business
- Corporate downsizing has brought into the market business managers who are looking for new opportunities. These qualified managers see themselves buying and managing an established small business close to home.
- Most of these individuals do not the have the financial means to purchase a business outright. They will likely seek financing through a SBA loan or in some cases, seller financing.
- These buyers often request a transition period where the seller will be engaged for up to a year helping the buyer assume the full transfer of the business. The seller is usually paid a fee for these services.
- The competition may buy your business
especially if you have a market niche or product-line
that they want.
- Sometimes it is financially feasible to buy an existing operation than to take the time and expense to build one up.
- Buying you out will depend on the strength of your market position. The stronger the market position, the more likely the buyout.
- The competition can secure the financing to buy you out. They may engage your services for a period to ensure your customers remain loyal to them.
Businesses Looking to Expand Their Current Line
- Sometimes an established business
in your related field is looking to expand their
operations or to move into a new product line or
- It may be a lot cheaper to buy
an established operation instead of setting up their
own operations in a new market.
- These buyers generally have the financing to make a out-right purchase. They will likely request management to stay on for the immediate period.
Businesses Looking to Invest
- You may find an investment group
looking for investment opportunities. These investment
teams will buy companies to divest or merge with
- They will scrutinize a company very
carefully. They buy companies that are in growing
markets, have good financials, maintain key management,
and meet their investment objectives. They will
pay top dollar for a company if these basic elements
- Investment Groups generally request that management remain in-place for the immediate period. In some cases, they will bring in their own management team.
----- end selling prep guide -----
Business Selling Prep
Our Full Services
- introduction: some key points
using the selling prep to ready a business for a direct sale
- to whom to sell your business
summary review of the type of buyers that are in the market
- important tips prior to announcing
why you need to keep the sale of your company confidential
- prep the company
review the different preparations needed for the company
- what's needed for the sale
reviews what is needed for business direct sale
- how we can help
use our experience and professional connections to handle these key tasks
- forms & worksheets
FREE forms that address busines exit and selling issues
use these calculators to estimate business value and financing
- business selling prep
summary tips on getting your company ready for a direct sale
- market planning model
market planning model to address business growth and expansion
- building business credit
valuable guides to build business credit and financial strength
- business management tips
complete selection on business topics and management guides
- financing options
summary financing options for business acquisitions
- personal credit management
credit management guide for personal and employee training
- life-event planning
life-event planning guides for education, home, money, travel and more
- guide: lower monthly bills
collection of resources to help manage and lower monthly bills
- building success model
FREE download on personal and business success building skills
- M&A/brokerage services
reviews our business brokerage, business selling and M&A services
- current listings
list of current businesses that we represent including buy side
- exit planning design
review of the exit planning process with advisory points
- valuation services
finding the value of your company using 3 key approaches
- business advisory
not ready to sell until the value is up - we provide the tools
- business listings services
selection of services for business owners selling on their own
- tools & other stuff
helpful tools to help you make decisions