Preparing Your Business for the Sale
starting with the initial intent to sell
Eventually, there comes the time when you want to sell your business. Questions you need to ask yourself?
- what price do I list?
- how do I determine the exact value of my business considering my assets, market and goodwill?
- what information do I need to provide and how is it presented?
- what steps do I take to properly present the business for sale?
- where do I list the business for sale without publicly announcing it to my employees and competition?
- how do I keep sensitive information confidential?
- how do I find and qualify buyers?
- do I need a lawyer, accountant, or other outside professional advisor?
Failing to properly manage the sale of your business can cost you. That is why you need a business advisor who can valuate your business, package your company for sale, screen potential buyers, and negotiate the price that works for you.
Getting Your Business Ready
Before thinking about selling your business, take a few moments to review our business selling PREP modules in our tools set. It will review some important points regarding the sale of your business and how best to prep your financials and marketing to maximize your business value.
- preparing your business for the sale
getting your financial and marketing in order to maximize the sale
- meeting with a professional advisor
complimentary meet to discuss the process and review the selling prep
- determining your market value
need to determine the value or price that you can get in the market
- packaging the company for the sale
preparing the documentation that will be given to qualified buyers
- finding and qualifying buyers
most difficult step: finding and qualifying buyers that don't waste your time
- negotiate and close the sale
tactics and requirements to negotiate best terms and close the deal
- so what's next...?
give us a call for a preliminary call and Q&A session
- let's say that we decide to meet, what will we review in our first meeting?
- why should I use a business broker and more importantly, the Novars Group?
- how do we determine the best price for my business?
- how do I list my business for sale?
- how do I keep my employees and competition from hearing about my plans?
- M&A/brokerage services
reviews our business brokerage, business selling and M&A services
- current listings
list of current businesses that we represent including buy side
- exit planning design
review of the exit planning process with advisory points
- valuation services
finding the value of your company using 3 key approaches
- business advisory
not ready to sell until the value is up - we provide the tools
- business listings services
selection of services for business owners selling on their own
- tools & other stuff
helpful tools to help you make decisions