Determine Your Market Value (Price)
Do you know the true market value of your business? What would be your asking price if a buyer knocked on your door today?
Too often businesses use financial statements prepared for tax purposes as a starting point for determining value. Assets are written off rather than capitalized. Profits are minimized to reduce taxes. And tax allowances are taken to reduce asset or market value.
A professional valuation reflects the "Fair Market Value" of a business by recasting depreciated assets and cash flow in today's market. Placing the right value on your business is essential if you need to:
- sell your business at its fair market value
- provide a lender with Fair Market Value information to "pre-qualify" the buyer
- plan for a merger, acquisition or stock offering
- develop an estate or tax plan
- other: see valuation services
The Novars Group recommends that all sellers, prospective or active, complete a preliminary business valuation prior to listing their business for sale. The firm's methodology has been developed over the years by analyzing valuations from similar like-businesses.
And if you require a licensed valuation (for estate and other purposes), we have partnered with an independent, third party Valuation Team who has assisted business owners nationwide. A professional valuation can play a key role in helping you maximize the value of your business.
Business Valuation Files
- preparing your business for the sale
getting your financial and marketing in order to maximize the sale
- meeting with a professional advisor
complimentary meet to discuss the process and review the selling prep
- determining your market value
need to determine the value or price that you can get in the market
- packaging the company for the sale
preparing the documentation that will be given to qualified buyers
- finding and qualifying buyers
most difficult step: finding and qualifying buyers that don't waste your time
- negotiate and close the sale
tactics and requirements to negotiate best terms and close the deal
- so what's next...?
give us a call for a preliminary call and Q&A session
- let's say that we decide to meet, what will we review in our first meeting?
- why should I use a business broker and more importantly, the Novars Group?
- how do we determine the best price for my business?
- how do I list my business for sale?
- how do I keep my employees and competition from hearing about my plans?
- M&A/brokerage services
reviews our business brokerage, business selling and M&A services
- current listings
list of current businesses that we represent including buy side
- exit planning design
review of the exit planning process with advisory points
- valuation services
finding the value of your company using 3 key approaches
- business advisory
not ready to sell until the value is up - we provide the tools
- business listings services
selection of services for business owners selling on their own
- tools & other stuff
helpful tools to help you make decisions