Finding and Qualifying Buyers
The economy has seen an increased number of business executives who are leaving the corporate ranks due to corporate down-sizing or restructuring. Many of these professionals are looking to buy viable, established businesses.
The economy is also seeing the consolidation of many services. Competitive firms are moving into new markets by merging their operations with established businesses.
We search the national market for buyers who have the capital, commitment and business knowledge to take your business to the next level.
How do we find them?
- Through our growing network of local buyers who have been screened and pre-qualified.
- Through the national database of the Business Broker Network that maintains a listing of buyers nationwide.
- Through our internal network of broker affiliates from coast-to-coast who maintain their own buyer's network.
- Through our internal buy/sell network of web sites.
- By targeting specific companies or competitors who have an interest in your business.
- By contacting equity companies that invest in business ownership with respective management teams.
- By running ads when needed, in certain media
- By other: as directed by you
Once we find and qualify a prospective buyer(s), we will present them the Confidential Business Profile (which includes your company information and valuation report). We screen each buyer to ensure their objectives meet your objectives. Our commitment is to present pre-qualified buyers who have the interest, commitment and the finances to close the deal.
The buyer will perform a due diligence on the business prior to closing. He or she will examine the books, check out the facilities and inventory, and review the records to confirm the representations made by the seller.
Two highly important objectives must be met during this due diligence:
- Keep the process moving
you don't want delays. We keep prospecting for buyers to ensure that the deal goes through.
- Become the point person
to address issues the buyer and seller may have during the review. We work with both parties to ensure the deal goes through.
- preparing your business for the sale
getting your financial and marketing in order to maximize the sale
- meeting with a professional advisor
complimentary meet to discuss the process and review the selling prep
- determining your market value
need to determine the value or price that you can get in the market
- packaging the company for the sale
preparing the documentation that will be given to qualified buyers
- finding and qualifying buyers
most difficult step: finding and qualifying buyers that don't waste your time
- negotiate and close the sale
tactics and requirements to negotiate best terms and close the deal
- so what's next...?
give us a call for a preliminary call and Q&A session
- let's say that we decide to meet, what will we review in our first meeting?
- why should I use a business broker and more importantly, the Novars Group?
- how do we determine the best price for my business?
- how do I list my business for sale?
- how do I keep my employees and competition from hearing about my plans?
- M&A/brokerage services
reviews our business brokerage, business selling and M&A services
- current listings
list of current businesses that we represent including buy side
- exit planning design
review of the exit planning process with advisory points
- valuation services
finding the value of your company using 3 key approaches
- business advisory
not ready to sell until the value is up - we provide the tools
- business listings services
selection of services for business owners selling on their own
- tools & other stuff
helpful tools to help you make decisions